You are the decision-maker about your birth, and the more you know about your choices, the more prepared and powerful you will feel!
Erika has been a doula since 2006, trained as a homebirth midwife, and has attended over 60 births.
With Erika, you will learn tools and techniques to increase the possibility of having the birth of your dreams and a healthy, happy baby.
In a Better Beginnings Birth Services Childbirth Class you will
- Learn information in interactive ways to solidify learning
- Engage in hands-on exercises that you will remember in labor
- Learn a technique to make decisions for you and your baby
- Explore parenting styles in class and compare notes with other new parents
- Meet in my home in Northampton with ample parking or other sites convenient for you – let’s talk!
Your Birth Options
Free 1-hour Class on
Monthly at Cooley Dickinson Midwifery Care
See calendar for dates
Childbirth Education Classes
See Calendar of Classes
The 5 Modules you will study:
- Building your toolkit for pregnancy and labor
- Learn techniques to help you cope with pain in labor
- Use the power of your mind to release tension and open your body to birth
- Be able to tell the difference between accurate information and unhelpful media influences so that you can have the freedom to make the best decisions for you and your baby
- Explore the various options for birth so that you know all of the possibilities that are available to you
2. Caring for yourself and your baby in pregnancy
- Ensure that you’re feeding yourself and your baby well while you’re pregnant
- Develop a plan for physical movement (one that fits into your busy schedule!) to prepare your body for the hard work of labor
- Understand the complex journey your baby takes during birth
- Learn how to move your body to ensure the optimal positioning of your baby in birth
- Learn how to sleep well and be comfortable until the end of your pregnancy
3. Learning pain-coping techniques for a typical labor
- Have a wide range of tools and techniques at your disposal so that you can continue to cope with pain throughout the various stages of labor
- Learn positions to feel more comfortable in labor and help your baby come out
- Build your support team and consciously choose who you want at your birth
- Practice techniques with your partner so that you are both confident in their ability to support you
4. Understanding interventions and complications
- Learn how to ask questions and gather information to make an informed decision about any procedure recommended to you- before, during, or after birth
- Know how to cope with any unexpected situation, including a cesarean birth
- Understand typical hospital protocols so that you’re familiar with how the hospital environment works
5. Learning how to care for yourself and your baby after birth
- Do what you can to connect with your baby and start the breastfeeding relationship in the hours after birth
- Understand the medical procedures for newborns
- Learn different approaches to newborn care, including sleep and eating issues
- Identify key people to support you and your family after your baby is born
- Learn resources to care for yourself and the baby
- Five 3-hour classes, (15 hours) – the best bargain for couples, $175
- TWO 6-hour classes (12 hours) on a weekend, perfect for working people $175 per couple
- ONE 6-hour class (6 hours) Express Package on a weekend, perfect for couples who travel, $150 per couple (7 hr with lunch).
Discounts available for military, Mass Health and families who have experienced a job loss recently.
Contact Erika to discuss your personal situation:
email@example.com #413 695-3553